Fall is our favorite time of year here at the College Park Community Foundation. The weather cools, the leaves start to change, and most importantly, the foundation gets to award grants to nonprofits serving the College Park community! In the last few weeks, CPCF announced the recipients of our fourth cycle of grants. This year we are providing ten outstanding organizations with $9,000 in grants. In 2013, our first year supporting organizations in College Park, we gave 3 grants totaling $1,329. After this year’s cycle, we will have given 26 grants to 22 different organizations, providing over $19,000 in supporting and matching funds to the community in just 4 years. This growth has been amazing to witness and its due in no small part to your support. Whether you have donated money, volunteered, ran in our 5K, attended one of our Annual Galas, participated in the nonprofit summit, or joined us for community events featuring CPCF, your support has enabled us to better engage and support our community. Thank you. We can’t do this work without you. To keep moving forward and creating a positive impact in College Park, we need your continued support.
Starting today and running through October 31st, we are holding our annual Fall Donor Drive. The board of directors has agreed to match the first $1,000 brought in between these dates, which essentially means you are doubling your donation if you give before October 31st.
This year there are multiple ways you can support the foundation:
- You can make a tax-deductible donation to support the foundation. You can donate safely and securely online here. or you can send a check to: The College Park Community Foundation, c/o City Hall, 4500 Knox Road, College Park, MD 20740.
- You can come join us at the 2016 Annual Gala, held on December 3rd at the College Park Marriott Inn and Conference Center and help us celebrate another year of giving in College Park. Tickets are $55 and can purchased here. When purchasing:
- Select “Enter a Password or Discount Code”
- Enter “donordrive2016” and click “Show Available Tickets”
- Select “2016 CPCF Donor Drive” to ensure your ticket purchase(s) will be counted towards the match.
- If you can’t make it to the Gala (or you can and want to offer more support), you can sponsor a grantee or student ticket for the Gala. Without sponsorship, grantee ticket costs come out of the foundation’s budget. You can purchase sponsor tickets here. When purchasing, select the “Sponsor a Ticket” option.
- Any combination of the above options!
Your support makes the work we do in the community possible.