Saturday, April 6, 2013
9 am – 1:30 pm
Good Neighbor Day is an annual volunteer service day, which renews the University of Maryland community’s commitment to being a good neighbor in the City of College Park. Volunteers are needed for a variety of projects, including:
- Cleaning up the Old Town playground;
- Cleaning up the Old Parish House;
- Picking up trash during a 5K Lakeland Discovery Trail Hike;
- Serving as a Lakeland history expert and curator at Lake Artemesia along the Lakeland Discovery Trail Hike;
- Donating and sorting non-perishable goods for donation to area food banks;
- Participating in an interactive workshop about the history of College Park’s Lakeland neighborhood at the College Park Community Center;
- Repairing the Paint Branch Elementary School basketball court; and
- Assisting with neighborhood clean ups.
Your participation is also encouraged by dropping off non-perishable goods at the College Park Community Center, 5051 Pierce Avenue, on Good Neighbor Day for donation to area food banks.
Join us for Good Neighbor Day! Sign up to volunteer here.